The Delivering the Digital Technologies Curriculum conference is for teachers, curriculum developers and digital technologies experts on implementing Australia's new digital technologies curriculum. You can register to attend here.
Who will attend?
- 5% Principals, Deputy & Assistant Principals
- 5% Heads of Junior, Middle Years & Secondary School
- 30% Curriculum Developers & Teaching & Learning Leaders
- 30% Heads of Digital Technologies, IT, ICT, TAS, Computing & Computer Science
- 20% Directors and Leaders of eLearning & Learning Technology
- 10% Classroom Teachers
From 2017, Australian schools must begin implementing the Australian Curriculum: Digital Technologies. Students need to grasp problem solving and computational thinking; they need to look at a problem in way that a computer can help them solve it. Teachers will need to know how to apply this to the context of their school.
Attendees will learn about the following:
- Unpack the curriculum to understand what it looks like in practice
- Strategy & planning for curriculum implementation
- Professional learning to develop teacher confidence
- Ideas, resources, activities for curriculum delivery